We hope this letter finds you and your family staying healthy and looking forward to a fresh New Year of possibility.
First of all, we want to thank you for your support and understanding during the transition from our broker-dealer, KMS Financial Services, to the company they joined, Securities America. Our decision to continue this business relationship was not taken lightly and done only after careful research of the company, its reputation, and their ability to provide additional resources to help us help you.
These additional resources have been very helpful during the pandemic and the social distancing we have all experienced. A few of the added capabilities and conveniences we can now offer you include:
- Enhanced Financial Planning: we have expanded our ability to encompass your financial plan with our active monitoring and investment management to help us adjust to ongoing changes in your plans and goals.
- Zoom Conferencing: an easy and reliable way for us to communicate by video on a computer or phone. This has helped us to stay in contact when in-person meetings weren’t as available due to the pandemic.
- Electronic Signatures: we’re now able to offer you the option of signing documents electronically through a secure platform called DocuSign. This can be done anywhere from any computer, phone or tablet device. This can help remove the need to mail documents, so that we can get what you need done sooner.
Two important reminders for this year:
- IRA contributions are due by April 15, 2021 to count toward the tax year 2020.
- Traditional IRA contributions are tax deductible, grow tax-free but are taxed at distribution
- Roth IRA contributions are not tax deductible, grow tax-free and are not taxed at distribution.
- Both have a contribution limit of $6,000 for those under age 50, and up to $7,000 for age 50 and over.
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) will be required for IRAs and retirement plans, including beneficiaries with inherited accounts (last year’s CARES Act waived these requirements).
- Anyone who turned age 70 ½ in 2020 (or beyond), is not required to start taking required minimum distributions (RMDs) until age 72.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in us. Please call if you would like to review your financial plan or discuss any changes you may have in your situation or goals.
Advisory services offered through Arbor Point Advisors, LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
Securities offered through Securities America, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC
CA Financial Services, Arbor Point Advisors and Securities America are separate companies.
This site is published for residents of the United States and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or product that may be referenced herein. Persons mentioned on this website may only offer services and transact business and/or respond to inquiries in states or jurisdictions in which they have been properly registered or are exempt from registration. Not all products and services referenced on this site are available in every state, jurisdiction or from every person listed.