Deceased Records to Gather
The passing of a family member can be devastating, made no easier with the financial and legal requirements to follow. We hope this list will help make this time of grief easier on you and your family.
Records to gather and review:
- Will or Trust documents
- Insurance policies
- Credit card account numbers and statements
- Mortgage and Loan statements
- Household budget documents (utility and service bills to be paid)
- Retirement account statements (IRAs, 401(k)s, pension plans)
- Nonretirement account statements (checking and savings accounts)
- Property deeds, titles and documentation
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce or child support documents
- Social Security numbers
- Birth certificates of minor children
- Accessible list of websites, logins and passwords for financial information
Click HERE for a printable version of this list.
At Clifford Associates (CA) Financial Services, our mission is to enhance our client’s financial security and peace of mind. We take great care in listening to our client’s needs and objectives, so that we can build customized investment portfolios to help them achieve their financial goals and dreams.
We provide financial and investment services including Registered Investment Advisory Services, Private Portfolio Management, Financial Planning, IRAs, College Savings Plans, Life Insurance and Estate Planning Assistance.
The Summer Edition of our Quarterly Newsletter is here! Click here to visit our Newsletter page where you can view our Summer 2018 edition and links to archived newsletters which have up-to-date financial advice and helpful hints and tools to help you navigate the myriad of financial news and trends.
This site is for informational purposes only and is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or investment advisory services which may be referenced herein. We may only offer services in states in which we have been properly registered or are exempt from registration. Therefore some of the services mentioned may not be available in your state, and if not, the information is not intended for you.